Monday, May 24, 2010

5/24/10: Back to school

I forgot how much I love Spanish class! Something about solving grammatical puzzles and adding to my vocabulary really feeds the geek in me. For the next two weeks, I'll be taking four hours of Spanish a day -- two of grammar (with homework! woohoo!) and two of conversation. I like the instructors a lot, and there are only two or three other people in each class.

I'll also be spending the next two weeks with a host family who have put me up in a nice room with my own bathroom. Definitely a step up from the hostel I've been staying at, and I really couldn't ask for a more convenient location. I'm having fun with their kids, too, who very generously helped me with my homework. I now have bunnies and boats drawn all over my Spanish worksheets. Here's me, humoring a super-cute five-year-old who wants to playwith my camera.

Here's me, 15 minutes later, after said five-year-old rapidly shed her cuteness by running around, refusing to hand over the camera.

Fortunately, five-year-olds are easily distracted, and the camera is now locked away in my room.

5 comments:

  1. my daughter, the geek! Most people don't get quite this excited over grammar homework, but I certainly understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay homework! Yay spanish puzzles! And yay for little kids and for those amazing pictures which totally capture the range of feelings possible in 5 minutes. Good job, fotografa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, or is it jajaja?! I second "yay" all of the above. Glad they speak geek in Mexico! Sounds like you're having fun, chica. Muy bien escrito, Elena. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you letting 5 year olds take pictures of your cleavage? Geez, Laine, I always knew you were trouble... MISS YOU! Misha

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, yeah... sorry for the slightly inappropriate photo. she was just so cute!

    ReplyDelete